E-Book Content and Design
        Content help!!
Mark all forum posts as read   [ help ]
» Welcome to E-Book Content and Design «

Topic Jump
<< Back Next >>
Single Page for this topic
Forum moderated by: EBookCompiler, ebookpro, Tyme, dreuby, Storyman

I plan to write my first eBook, and I am itching to begin. I have an idea. I want to collect up a healthy smattering of questions that kids want to ask, but are afraid to. Kind of like those books that answer real-life questions for kids.

Example: What does "GOP" stand for?
               What are "Daisy Dukes"?
And the like.

I have sent out e-mails to close friends and relatives asking for thier questions, and no one has replied with anything!! That puts a damper on my hopes for the success of the book.

I am asking that anyone who reads this post replies to my personal e-mail at m_zerby01@yahoo.com with their own questions, either current or as a child. I would prefer questions that are written along with answers, but I would accept anything. I really appreciate it!!

Total Posts: 7 | Joined June 2005 | Posted on: 11:00 pm on June 27, 2005 | IP

When the guys who wrote "Soup for the Soul" used this approach they also offered free copies to those who had a submission used.

Total Posts: 783 | Joined April 2004 | Posted on: 11:46 pm on June 27, 2005 | IP

Thank you for that. In some of my eBook researching, I have come across many many suggestions to do that!
Thank you

Total Posts: 7 | Joined June 2005 | Posted on: 11:59 pm on June 27, 2005 | IP
Ebook Architect

I can feel your pain. When I've emailed people asking them do a bit of work for me I usually get a very low response rate. I think you should try and find people and ask them face to face. You will probably get a better responce rate. As well if you have a website you might consider offering a free copy of your completed ebook to those who submit their questions and answers

Learn how to sell your ebook online

Total Posts: 40 | Joined Jan. 2005 | Posted on: 8:30 pm on July 5, 2005 | IP

The guys who wrote the highly successfull series, "Chicken Soup for the Soul," wrote to people who would most likely have something to contribute. Ebook Architect's suggestion is a good one. How about contacting grade school teachers who are deal with your target audience?

Total Posts: 783 | Joined April 2004 | Posted on: 9:08 pm on July 5, 2005 | IP

Thank you, Ebook Architect. It's good to know I'm not the only one out there! I do have a website, and I was planning on giving participants a free copy, I just need to get onto my site and post that.

Storyman, I never thought of grade school teachers! That is awesome!! Thanks so so much!!

(Edited by newkid at 9:12 pm on July 5, 2005)

Total Posts: 7 | Joined June 2005 | Posted on: 9:11 pm on July 5, 2005 | IP

Topic Jump
<< Back Next >>
Single Page for this topic

© 2000-2013, Answers 2000 Limited | Our Privacy Statement