A new version of CoverFactory, 2.10, is now available. This will appear on the CoverFactory site within the next 24 hours.
This incorporates a number of changes, and bug fixes.
The most important improvements:
- Additional information about which file format to select
- New "Rendering Options" feature, allows you to set "Soften Edges", in which the edges of your cover are antialiased. This produces a smoother outline for your cover
- New "Rendering Options" feature, allows you to set Standard or Enhanced detail. This affects how pixels are mapped from each side to the final cover. With Standard, up to 25 pixels are mapped and averaged for every final pixel in the rendered image. With Enhanced up to 100 pixels for the same. Standard is normally more than good enough, but if you very large sides, and a small final cover, and you want more detail, then choosing enhance can help.
- New "Object Properties" feature, "Folds Shown". You can choose to enable visible folds between the sides of a 3D object (e.g. along the edges of a box, etc.). N.B. This usually only produces attractive results if you also enable "Soften Edges".
- New "Object Properties" feature, "Folds Color". You can choose the Folds color it they are enabled.
Existing customers will be able to download and upgrade to the new version free.
If you haven't bought a previous version, you can download and try the trial version of the new version free.