Hello + Welcome Don
Here is what you need to as simply as I can describe it, let me know if you have specific questions.
1. Convert your Word document into an E-Book
- in Word 97/2000 there are options to save as HTML. There are instructions in the Help (Getting Started) of Activ E-Book Compilerhttp://www.ebookcompiler.com/for how to do this and make it into an E-Book
- if you do this, your E-Book is an EXE file (a Windows program)
2. Get a web site
- The purpose of your web site is to tell people about your E-Book, why they should buy it, and accept payment.
3. Get ready to sell
- You need a way to accept payment (ClickBank is a good choice)
- Decide how to sell your E-Book:
Either are you going to sell the whole thing as a download?
Or alternatively you can let them download and read part of the information before they pay (say Chapter 1) - and to keep reading they buy a password to read Chapter 2 etc. The password protection options in Activ E-Book Compiler let you set up this type of configuration.
4. The next thing is to make sure your E-Book is ready to download. You transfer the E-Book EXE file to your web site using the FTP program (again instructions in the Activ E-Book Compiler help)
5. The final thing is to setup your sales + thankyou page.
- The sales page is the page they see before they pay
- The thankyou page is the page they see after they pay
If selling a download. You place a link to the EXE file you put on your web site (in step 4) on the thank you page
If selling a password, you put the link to the download on the sales page (so anybody can download), and put the password on the thank you page.
6. Check everything before you "go live" and start accepting real orders.
7. Get as many people, who are interested in your topic, to your web site, as you can. There are about 30 different ideas for this aswww.ebooksubmit.com
That's more or less everything you need to do. Does that help?