I have completed the ebook and everything the software indicated. I hit the run and nothing happens. I have gone through the whole process more than once. It even asks to run ebook and nothing. Any idea why? What did I do wrong?
ALL of the files for your ebook MUST be in the Source folder. (BTW when creating a project for Activ it's often easiest to have Activ create the needed folders: include, output, source.)
Be sure all files needed for the ebook are copied into the source folder. There must be either an index.html or index.htm file.
If you use Windows Explorer to navigate to the Source folder, right click on the index file and select 'Open With,' 'Internet Explorer,' and nothing appears--then there is something wrong with your index file.
I put all the files into a folder named "index.html" Then the file "index.html" has to be opened since it can't be right clicked on (because it is a folder). Then I see the eBook but it i a 'word' document. I right click on it and open in IE and it opens the book with all the pictures. Is that the right way and should I change the 'word' document to an index.html one? Sorry for all the confusion and babble.
OK. I used the quick project. I checked all the files and have an index.htm (which I can open from the source file). I proceed to the 'build' button...'build successful". Now the 'run' button. The activ small screen appears and the meter ticks away. Then nothing...not even a error message. What did I miss? I followed all the directions.
Let's roll-back to basics and create an ebook with only an index page. Create an index for this test or use one you have already created.
1) Create a folder to hold your ebook project. Let's call it "Sample Ebook."
2) Use Quick Project to create you project file and the three required folders: include, output, and source.
3) Open Window's Explorer and verify that the Sample Book folder contains a file with the name of your ebook and the three folders: include, output, and source. Also, verify that the name of your project file does not contain any spaces. If it does rename it and use hyphens to replace any spaces. (To rename a file right click on it while in Window's Explorer and select Rename.)
4) For this test, copy only the index.html (or index.htm) file to the source folder.
5) Open the Source folder and right click on the index file that you just copied to it. Select 'Open With' and then select Internet Explorer. The file should open in an Internet Explorer window. If it doesn't there is something wrong with you index file. Otherwise close Window's Explorer.
6) Open the Activ ebook compiler.
7) Open the project file you created for this test. When the browse window opens you may to change the "Files of type:" from "Activ E-Book Projects (*.aep)" to "All Files (*.*)." Otherwise the folder "Sample Ebook" may not appear if it is a sub-folder.
8) Select the tab folder to verify that the index file is listed. If it isn't post back here.
9) Verify that the index file has a YES in the Contents column and nothing in the Exclude column. All other columns should be empty except for, of course, the File Name column.
10) Click on either the icon of the Airplane--to run your ebook. If all has gone well your ebook should open. Let us know.
it is still the same problem. The source file has the index.htm file, but when I open the source file in the compiler it's not there. In other words I got to Compiler - file- open - sample ebook - open source - no files??? Where did the index file go? It is in the source file until I open the compiler.
With any business, it is up to the individual owner of said business to ensure the success of the business. You may make more or less than any sample figures or results that might be quoted on our web sites or other publications. All business involves risk, and many businesses do not succeed. Further, Answers 2000 Limited does NOT represent that any particular individual or business is typical, or that any results or experiences achieved by any particular individual/business is necessarily typical.
Our company's websites' content (including this website's content) includes advertisements for
our own company's websites, products, and services,
and for other organization's websites, products, and services.
In the case of links to other organization's websites,
our company may receive a payment, (1) if you purchase products or services,
or (2) if you sign-up for third party offers, after following links from this website.
Unless specifically otherwise stated, information about other organization's products and services,
is based on information provided by that organization,
the product/service vendor, and/or publicly available information - and should
not be taken to mean that we have used the product/service in question.
Additionally, our company's websites contain some adverts which we are paid
to display, but whose content is not selected by us, such as Google AdSense ads. For more
detailed information, please see Advertising/Endorsements Disclosures
constitutes consent for this. For details, please see Privacy.