WAW is a new program for creating web sites and eBooks, that we hope to be introducing in the *fairly* near future.
It can be used with Activ E-Book Compiler (it will work with version 4.22 or later, but works best with the forthcoming 5.00 or later) and/or it can be used to create web content.
(you can of course continue writing HTML for Activ E-Book Compiler in the traditional way, using an HTML editor or word-processor if you don't want to use WAW).
The way it works is...
1. You select a template
2. Depending on the template, you can add pages to the template, delete pages, etc.
3. There are also editable properties for the pages, and the overall project. For example, what splash screen (for an eBook), whether to auto-bookmark (for an eBook), the web page titles, etc. Some templates might have other options too (e.g. choose colors for the background, whether to position the menu on the left or right, etc.)
4. For each page in eBook or web project, you edit it just like a word processor. Type text, bullet points, underline, insert pictures etc.,
5. When you are done, click a button, and it will generate the web site (ready to upload to your web host), or the eBook project and content (just load the project in Activ E-Book Compiler and click Build). The program automatically deals with images, linking the pages together with menus etc.
I anticipate being able to make an alpha release available in the *fairly* near future.
Alpha release means:
1. It's NOT fully tested, there almost certainly will be bugs, even possibly serious ones. (although in my limited testing it has been fairly stable).
2. The documentation is not complete
3. Some features that will be included in the final release version may not be present.
Given the above, if you are interested in testing such an Alpha release (including telling me any bugs you might find), please post in this thread, your name and email. I will contact you in due course. I am particularly interested in people who will test as many of the templates as possible, and as hard as possible.
You do NOT need to be an HTML or Web expert to use this program, or participate in the Alpha testing.
1. There are still a few details to work out on at our end, so I will post a follow-up with more details once I have them (may be a little while). Please feel free to wait, or to ask questions, before committing yourself.
2. Eventually the final version of the program will be a for-sale product. The alpha version will be free to participate in, and try out. I will try to work out some incentives for alpha testers (I might offer some free or reduced cost copies of the final version), once I have the details worked out. Again, please feel free to wait, or to ask questions, before committing yourself.
If anybody designs and sells __their_own_web__ templates [not ones that you purchased from somebody else and resell] and is familiar with any dialect of BASIC (e.g. VBScript, Visual Basic etc.) -- and is interested in making their templates directly useable with the WAW program, please post your name/email too, and I'll contact you in due course.