I'll give it a try:
1) First, you create your folder of html files, and name the start page index.htm. This should be the first page you see when opening the ebook.
Then, we create the ebook.
2) In Activ, go to Edit, Scan Folder.
3) Select the folder with your ebook html files. They should now display in your files list.
4) To select the files individually, select a file, and click 'Password Protection' from the right-click menu, or -
5) Go to Edit, All Files. Select 'Password Protect...' and click 'Yes'. You have now set protection for all files to 'on'.
6) Then, turn password protection off for those files (such as index.htm) that should not be protected.
7) Under the Security tab, double-click on 'Password Protection'. A dialog box will display.
8) Click 'Password Protection System';
9) If you're happy with the number of passwords (1000 is the max), and the length of them, click the 'Generate' button, and 'OK'
Activ generates your passwords in a list, ready for you to print, or refer to later. Compile your ebook, and run it.
Go to those protected pages to see your prompt for a password.
Hope that helps....